5 Tips to Keep Your Teeth in Tip-Top Shape
At Passes Dental Care, we’re proud to provide comprehensive dental care to our patients, offering procedures ranging from cosmetic treatments like veneers to sedation dentistry that keeps patients comfortable no matter what the procedure. But as much as the treatments we offer our patients are important, how you care for your teeth at home is equally critical to the health of your smile. At our practice, we strive to be a comprehensive resource for helping you maintain a great smile, so here are 5 simple tips to keep your smile in its best condition.
5 Ways to Maintain Your Smile
Wondering what you can do to keep your smile bright and beautiful? It’s easy to do! Just follow these tips to keep your smile as healthy as possible:
- Brush Twice a Day: The foundation of any oral hygiene routine is brushing, so the first step to a healthy smile is always to brush your teeth twice a day. The best time to brush your teeth is after breakfast and before bed, and you should always brush for 2 minutes each time.
- Use Fluoridated Toothpaste: Fluoride is a mineral that’s vital to the structural integrity of dental enamel, so make sure you use fluoridated toothpaste when brushing your teeth. This will harden and strengthen your tooth enamel, helping to prevent cavities.
- Limit Sugary Drinks: Soda, energy drinks and certain fruit juices contain acid and sugar, both of which soften tooth enamel and contribute to cavities. To keep your smile healthy, be sure to limit your consumption of sugar and acid in drinks.
- Never Use Teeth as Tools: It may seem obvious, but it’s all too easy to fall into the habit of using your teeth as tools to open packages, bottles, or anything else. This is incredibly dangerous and can easily result in a cracked tooth or worse, so make sure you only use your teeth to chew food.
- Listen to Your Body: Finally, make sure that in addition to your routine check-up appointments, you listen to your body on when your dental health needs attention. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us if you have a toothache or oral pain, as this may be a cavity or another condition that requires immediate treatment.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Great Neck Cosmetic Dentist
Following these tips will help keep your smile strong and healthy for years to come, and if you think it may be time for a check-up or another treatment, the team at Passes Dental Care is here to help. Contact us today with any questions you have about your smile or to schedule an appointment at our office. We can’t wait to hear from you, and we’re excited to help you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile!