Single Tooth Replacement in Great Neck, NY
If you’re missing a single tooth and want to learn about your options for replacing it, you should contact the cosmetic dentistry experts of Passes Dental Care in Great Neck immediately. We can perform an oral examination and determine whether a dental implant is the right solution for you.
Losing a tooth can present a range of challenges. It becomes difficult to chew food and can lead to confidence issues. You might avoid smiling because of the unpleasant appearance of the large space in between your teeth. Unfortunately, a missing tooth disrupts various aspects of a person’s life.
The dental team at Passes Dental Care is ready to examine where your missing tooth was and determine whether you’re a candidate for a dental implant. A beautiful smile and straight white teeth can boost your self-esteem and improve your quality of life. We have the experience and resources to restore your smile and promote better dental health.
Call Passes Dental Care at 516-858-5921 today for your single tooth replacement in Great Neck, NY. We’re available 24/7 to speak with you about your needs.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a substitute for a tooth and its root. Implants are customizable to match the size, shape, and color of a person’s natural teeth. They’re also durable and can last a long time with good oral hygiene and dental care.
A single tooth implant contains multiple parts:
- Implant – The implant itself is surgically placed beneath the gum line in the jawbone. It fuses with the bone to create a stable foundation for the new tooth.
- Abutment – The abutment acts as a connector for the implant and crown.
- Crown – The crown consists of material to match the rest of your teeth and attaches to the abutment.
At Passes Dental Care, we offer these three types of dental implants for single tooth replacement:
- Root Implant – Root implants are the most common types of dental implants. It’s a screw that’s shaped like the root of a tooth. We set it directly into the jaw bone where the missing tooth was while the patient is under local anesthesia. Once the surgical site heals and the implant integrates with the bone, we can attach a new tooth.
- Plate Form Implant – If the jawbone is too short or narrow to use a root implant, we might be able to use a plate form implant. These long implants can be set under the gum directly on the jawbone. During healing, tissue and bone grow around the implant, so it’s more secure.
- Subperiosteal Implant – We might need to use a subperiosteal implant if you don’t have the bone height or width necessary for a plate form or root implant. We obtain an impression of your jawbone to customize the implant, so it fits in the area of your missing tooth. The implant will rest on top of the jawbone under the gums.
Passes Dental Care can advise you about the type of dental implant you should receive for your single tooth replacement. All provide the durability of a real tooth for chewing and talking normally while creating a seamless look to blend in with the rest of your teeth.
Advantages of Replacing Your Missing Tooth with an Implant
Implants offer a range of benefits you can’t get from a porcelain crown or dental bridge. If you’re not a candidate for another single tooth replacement service, a dental implant might be the best choice available. The most common advantages of single tooth replacement include:
- Stability – Since implants require surgical insertion into the jawbone, they stay in place. You don’t have to rely on adjacent teeth to support the crown. Implants are durable and sturdy enough to handle chewing without breaking or falling out.
- Natural look – Implants can look like natural teeth. The crown placed over the implant is customizable to match the other teeth.
- Cavity-resistant – Unlike natural teeth, implants are resistant to cavities. As long as you practice good oral hygiene, you should maintain a healthy and beautiful-looking tooth.
- Minimal maintenance – You can care for your implant the same way you care for your natural teeth. All you need to do is brush and floss regularly. You should also visit Passes Dental Care for routine exams and cleanings. You don’t have to do anything extra to keep your replacement tooth in good condition.
- Affordable price – The initial cost of a single tooth replacement might seem daunting. However, an implant can last a lifetime as long as you take good care of it. Since there isn’t a special toothpaste or cleaning solution you have to use, like with dentures, you save money in the long run.
- Prevent shifting – If you don’t replace your missing tooth, your remaining teeth can move in your mouth. Shifting creates crooked teeth and uneven spaces. With a single tooth replacement, you maintain the structure of your mouth and jaw. You can talk, bite, and chew without any issues.
If you’re ready to discuss whether a single tooth replacement can work for your missing tooth, reach out to Passes Dental Care today for an appointment.
What to Expect During a Single Tooth Replacement
When you decide you want a dental implant to replace your missing tooth, Passes Dental Care will provide pre-operative instructions you must follow. This can include:
- Rinsing your mouth out with an antibacterial mouthwash
- Taking antibiotics
- Planning for someone to drive you to and from the appointment
- Fasting if you’re receiving IV sedation for the procedure
Your implants will occur in two separate phases. We will administer anesthesia or sedation during the first phase and make an incision in the gums below your missing tooth. We will use a drill to create a space and insert the implant. Once we add a protective barrier to the implant and stitch up the gums, we will send you home to heal and wait for the implant to attach to the bone.
The second phase involves making another incision into the gums to expose the implant we inserted. We can numb the area beforehand, so you don’t feel any pain during the procedure. We will take an impression to make a customizable crown that will fit in the space between your teeth. Once we place the crown, we’re done, and you can enjoy your new tooth.
If you want to discuss whether a single tooth replacement is the solution you need for your missing tooth, contact Passes Dental Care right now. We have provided patients with dependable dental services for over 45 years. You can count on our dental team to treat you with compassion and care during your journey to a beautiful smile.
Call us at 516-858-5921 for an appointment and learn more about single tooth replacement in Great Neck, NY.