Kensington Dental Care
Going to the dentist does not have to be a frightening or uncomfortable experience. Passes Dental Care is a comprehensive dental practice in Kensington, NY, that is committed to providing a welcoming, calming environment for our patients.
According to research conducted by the American Dental Hygienists’ Association, between 50 and 80 percent of U.S. adults report some degree of dental anxiety. More than 20 percent of patients with dental anxiety do not see a dentist regularly, and nine to 15 percent avoid dental care altogether. If you experience anxiety or fear at the thought of visiting the dentist, Passes Dental Care is here for you.
For over 47 years, Passes Dental Care has been breaking the mold of what most people expect from the dentist. Our goal is to keep a beautiful smile on your face from the moment you walk into our office until after you leave. Your comfort is our top priority. Call 516-858-5921 today to schedule an appointment for a routine cleaning or a specialized service.
How We’re Keeping You Safe
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Passes Dental Care has adapted our office procedures and protocols to keep our patients and team members safe. While we have always strived to maintain a clean and comfortable environment, we have raised the bar even higher.
We clean each treatment room with disinfectant multiple times a day and in between every patient visit, and each room is outfitted with its own medical quality air filtration system designed to take viruses and bacteria out of the air.
When you arrive for your appointment, call the reception desk from your car to check in, and one of our concierges will meet you at your car to ask you some health screening questions and take your temperature. Before treating you, we ask you to rinse your mouth with an antimicrobial mouthwash to kill any bacteria in your mouth. Our dentists and hygienists wash their hands thoroughly and wear proper protective equipment throughout your visit in our office. Rest assured that we take every precaution to maintain social distancing between you and any other patients.
Passes Dental Care offers the following services for Kensington patients:
- General Dentistry: Passes Dental Care offers routine dental cleanings, which are recommended twice a year. During these visits, a dental hygienist will thoroughly clean your teeth, including in between teeth and along the gum line, and apply fluoride to protect your teeth. It is during your regular cleaning that hygienists and dentists can look out for and identify any common problems that may require a subsequent visit for fillings, crowns, bridges, or extractions.
- Pediatric Dentistry: Children can be especially fearful of the dentist, but it is important to start regular dental treatment when they are young. Passes Dental Care is the perfect dentist for your kids. We strive to create a fun, friendly environment for children of all ages and do our part to keep their teeth clean and healthy for a lifetime.
- Restorative Dentistry: If your teeth are not as beautiful as they once were, Passes Dental Care can help restore your lovely smile. If you’ve experienced a range of dental problems, such as dental decay, dental trauma, cracked or missing teeth, or failing tooth replacement, our dentists, who are experts in restorative dentistry, will walk you through your options.
- Dental Implants: One excellent option to restore your smile is dental implants. Dental implants are natural-looking, strong, and durable. They can be used to replace just one tooth or several teeth, and they help prevent bone loss, a complication that can develop when using other dental treatments such as dentures.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: If your teeth do not make you want to smile, Passes Dental Care is the place to go for cosmetic dentistry. Our dentists frequently treat patients with teeth that are stained, crooked, cracked, chipped, or unevenly spaced.
- Teeth Whitening: If your teeth are not as bright as you’d like, Passes Dental Care offers professional teeth whitening methods in a safe, quick, and comfortable process. Compared to at-home whitening kits, Passes Dental Care’s treatment is tailored to your goals. Our dentists monitor your progress, address any problems that arise, and counsel you on how to maintain your newly brightened smile.
- Invisalign: Invisalign is a relatively new treatment that uses clear, customizable, removable aligners that gradually straighten your teeth. The length of treatment varies from patient to patient depending on the level of misalignment at the outset but typically ranges from six months to one year. If you are interested in straightening your smile with Invisalign, one of our dentists will conduct a thorough assessment to determine whether you are a good candidate for the treatment, take precise scans and molds of your teeth, and order your custom aligners. Passes Dental Care will monitor your progress to ensure you are satisfied with the result.
- Endodontics: This is a branch of dentistry that focuses on complex problems involving the soft tissues inside the tooth. Endodontists treat tooth decay, abscesses, tooth injuries, and cracked teeth, which affect the interior tissues of the tooth. They frequently perform root canals, a procedure that removes the inflamed or infected interior tissues of the tooth, then cleans, fills, and seals the tooth to prevent future reinfection.
- Periodontics: This is a dental specialty focused on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease, a chronic inflammatory disease that affects the gums and bone supporting the teeth. Periodontal disease is primarily caused by poor oral hygiene and is almost entirely preventable. Once it develops, though, periodontal disease can lead to tooth loss, so do not delay in seeking treatment.
- Sedation Dentistry: For patients who are especially anxious about visiting the dentist, we offer sedation dentistry for any service. If you need a routine cleaning or a more serious procedure like a root canal, Passes Dental Care can put you at ease with a sedated treatment.
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ/TMD): This collection of disorders affects the temporomandibular joint, which connects your lower jaw to your skull and opens and closes your jaw for routine movements like eating or speaking. Patients with TMD will experience pain and stiffness at the joint, difficulty moving the jaw, or a clicking or popping sound at the joint. The cause of TMD can sometimes be difficult to pinpoint and may be a confluence of factors, such as genetics, injury, or arthritis. TMD is often treated with conservative measures such as medication, mouth guards, or physical therapy. In severe cases, surgery may be helpful.
- Veneers: Veneers are natural-looking porcelain shells that are attached to the front of the teeth to provide the appearance of a beautiful smile. They are a fast, convenient treatment option for dental issues such as cracked or chipped teeth, unevenly spaced teeth, stained teeth, or irregular teeth.
Why Choose Passes Dental Care?
For over 47 years, Passes Dental Care has been helping patients overcome their fears of the dentist and embrace their dental health. We specialize in cultivating a safe, comfortable environment while offering a broad range of top-notch dental services.
Do not let your fear keep you from having a beautiful, healthy smile. Call Passes Dental Care today at 516-858-5921 to make an appointment.