Manhasset Dental Care
Everyone should be happy with their smile. That has been our mission since opening our first clinic. Now Passes Dental Care is proud to bring our dental offices to Manhasset, New York, and give our patients here the chance to show off their cheerful smiles and healthy teeth.
We offer the best available treatments for all your dental and oral care needs, from general dentistry and cosmetic work to advanced endodontics and restorative dentistry. Make an appointment with Passes Dental Care at 516-858-5921 today and let us be your dental care partner today.
Services and Specialties
- General Dentistry. When you need your annual cleaning, x-rays, and checkup, come in and see us. The best way to avoid needing more intensive work is to catch minor problems before they get worse. Small cavities and minor gum disease can be prevented if spotted early.
- Implants and Restorative Dentistry. Your teeth are meant to last, and we can help you keep them. We offer preventive care to build up roots and jawbones, replace single teeth with implants rather than bridges, and fill cavities before they erode your teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry. Teeth whitening and veneers are no longer Hollywood vanity projects. Anyone can have these confidence-boosting treatments that improve your appearance and your smile.
- Invisalign. The old-fashioned braces of our youth are gone, replaced by nearly invisible realignment tools that repair your bite and teeth and improve your appearance with a minimum of fuss.
- Pediatric Dentistry. Childhood dental visits can be difficult. We strive to make your child’s appointment a positive experience and take the pain and tension out of their time in the dental chair.
- Periodontics. Care of your gums is the first step in protecting your teeth. Diseases like gingivitis must be caught early and treated aggressively if they are to be prevented from getting worse and causing tooth loss.
- Endodontics. Root canals, painless extraction, and preservation of the jawbone are a fine science, and saving the shape of the tooth and alignment of the jaw is paramount. We want to ensure that your root canal is no more traumatic than having a cavity filled.
- TMJ/TMD Disorder. That clicking sound in your jaw may be the result of problems with your teeth and bite. We can help fix the problem with bite guards and other appliances to realign your jaw and adjust the pressure on your joints to relieve the pain.
- Snoring Therapy and Sleep Apnea. Snoring isn’t just annoying and a sleep disruption, it can be a sign of something more serious. Our team can help you discover what the problem is, and recommend solutions to help treat the underlying issues.
Dr. Harvey Passes literally wrote the book on handling dental phobia. He has been helping patients overcome their fear of the dentist’s office for more than 40 years. His book “Profiles in Dental Courage” tells how his patients have used his methods to fight their phobia and relax in the dentist’s office.
We work hard to keep your dental visit as pain-free and low-stress as possible. If necessary, sedation dentistry is available, and we will use the minimum necessary amount of sedative to keep you relaxed and calm during your procedure.
About Our Team
Dr. Harvey Passes has been practicing dentistry since 1975. He is the author of numerous articles on general and cosmetic dentistry, as well as texts and commercial books. He developed one of the first clinical applications for laser technology in the field of dentistry.
Demetrios Tsiokos, D.D.S., specializes in periodontology and is a diplomat with the American Academy of Periodontology. This lets him bring the most up-to-date information in this important area to our patients.
Dr. Adam Schiff graduated from the New York University of Dentistry with honors and has completed 400 hours of additional training in implant dentistry to keep up with the latest in dental care and treatment.
Dr. Passes believes in giving back to the community and has established the Passes Scholarship Fund, which provides $1,000 annually to a local high school graduate. He also provides a Free Day of Dentistry to local Head Start students, ensuring that everyone gets the opportunity for a good smile and healthy teeth.
What Is TMJ/TMD? How Can a Dentist Help?
The TMJ, or temporomandibular joint, is the small joint at the hinge of your jaw. This joint has to do all the chewing, grinding, and biting of food. As with any other joint, the TMJ can become dislocated, be affected by arthritis or other joint inflammation, or become injured through impact.
Once the TMJ is damaged, the inflammation and pain can spread outward and downward into the jaw and ear. Common symptoms include:
- Pain in and around the ear, jaw, side of the face, and sinuses
- Clicking, popping, or grinding when talking or chewing
- Headaches, dizziness, or tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Jaw locking or misaligning
When these symptoms persist, it is called TMD, or temporomandibular disorder. Because the symptoms are varied and may have no obvious cause, it can be difficult to diagnose and treat. Depending on the reason for the damage to the joint, there can be a variety of treatments, including icing the area and taking pain relievers such as Advil or Tylenol.
For other causes, such as misaligned teeth, Passes Dental Care might recommend orthodontics, such as Invisalign, to correct the bite problems, other dental restorative work, cortisone injections into the joint to relieve inflammation, and possibly corrective work to the joint itself. Only in very rare cases would surgery be indicated.
Come See Us
The dentists and staff at Passes Dental Care are anxious to see our existing patients and meet new ones at our Manhasset office. Come to see us for your dental care whenever you need our help with oral care issues.
Whether you want to schedule your regular cleaning or want to discuss orthodontic work, we are standing by to make an appointment. Call Passes Dental Care at 516-858-5921 today, and we will schedule you today.